9/4/17

Poor Air Quality...

Well, Carla got to enjoy about a day and a half of fourth grade... But the fires are so bad here in Montana that the air quality has made it dangerous for her to go to school, or anywhere for that matter.  I was able to get her work from her three teachers and we have been working on it from home. Bobby and I got the HEPA air filter up and running and I have also been using DoTerra's "Breathe and Melissa" all day and night, close to Carla.  After the two days at school, her phlegm was really bad, and dark green. Of course, the school doesn't have air conditioning, so they had the windows open, which was a killer for my sweet girl.  At this point in time, she is doing much better. But with the forecast showing temperatures in the 80s and 90s, with zero percent chance of rain, I'm not sure when she will be able to return to school.  Maybe after the snow falls... :(

But, we are making the best of our time at home! I have been enjoying "teaching" Carla, and I am continually in awe of her big brains and funny personality.

Last Saturday, we went to the mall because Carla needed tennis shoes and new gym shoes. (This was before we figured out that the air quality was only getting worse and that we needed to keep her home). Carla was dying to get some "cat ears."  I wasn't sure we'd be able to find them, but figured there was no harm in looking. We found these cute little guys at Hot Topic.  She was thrilled.  Here she is, with her arm up like a cat.  She's such a silly.

Meow!
 Bobby started school again!  Only three semesters left and he will be on to Graduate school!  I, of course, had to pester him with the must take "first day of school" photo!  Isn't he a cutie!
 On Wednesday I had an appointment to get my hair done.  I decided to ditch the blond and go back to something closer to my natural color. It's still pretty weird when I look at myself in the mirror, but I like it, and it will be less maintenance.  So, that's a good thing!

Last night the air quality was so bad that it actually turned all the sky orange.  In all of my life, I can honestly say, I have never seen anything like this!


This was taken around 6:30 last night.  I was not using any kind of filter, and actually, the orange sky seemed even more orange in person.  Our poor state is burning up!  

Prayers for rain, and a little more federal aid would be nice too!  

Love, Jen


 

1 comment:

Crude Oil Jackpot Call said...

Nice and superb post of "Poor Air Quality..."

Intraday Trading Tips