Biopsy Results

Last Sunday, the 30th, we started making our way to Seattle for Carla's Wednesday heart Cath and biopsy. On our trip Carla finally lost a tooth that had been loose for a while and she was so excited to be rid of it!  

After losing her tooth.
Even though we split up the trip, it was still a very long day, and we were ready to be to our hotel in Spokane.
Taking selfies on the road...
 We had a lot of fun swimming at the hotel in Spokane and started making our way to Seattle Monday morning. The road construction added about an hour to our trip, but we finally made it and were able to relax for the evening at Bev's house. On Tuesday we had decided that we were going to do a little bit of school shopping and Sushi at a place in Renton that we found on Yelp. Carla wanted to do sushi, so we did sushi.  She didn't like it as much as when we make it at home (ours at home had a tempura shrimp in the middle, and no avocado, so that is what she was expecting). But, I give her kudos for trying something new.  Here is a picture of took of her and her Daddy at lunch.
I love this picture of these two.
 After lunch we met up with Bev to do some shopping.  Bev wanted to buy Carla some clothes for school.  She is such a sweetheart.
Trying on clothes... she is getting so big!
 After shopping Bev wanted to take Carla for ice cream.  It was so extremely hot outside that this cone was dripping like a sinner in church.  She enjoyed it though...

Yum yum!

Carla with Grandma Bev.
Wednesday, we didn't have to check in at the hospital until 2:00.  This was not the best time of day to begin a 4 hour procedure that is followed by 4 hours of lying flat... but we just do what we are told.
Waiting for the docs...
 After the heart Cath and biopsy, Carla was having a difficult time recovering. I she drank too much water too fast, was having a hard time coming off the anesthesia and couldn't hold her oxygen level in the 90s.  She ended up throwing up, opening her wound and bleeding everywhere. Poor baby. After the bleeding wound, they had to re-dress it and restart the 4 hour laying flat time. By this time it was 8:00 at night and they wanted us out of recovery (because it's 300 dollars every 15 minutes) so they decided it would be best to admit us. It was good that she was admitted, because she needed quite a little oxygen assistance through the night because her lungs were "wet".  She had gotten 800 ccs of water during the procedure that her lungs were apparently retaining. It was an extremely tiring day and I am so glad that I brought all of Carla's meds (in the bottle) and that we could give her her home meds while the hospital figured out what they were doing. Checking into the hospital after 5:00 is always very difficult.
Carla, happy that they found her a bed on the floor. 
 Thursday morning, Carla's appetite was back and she decided to try out the new Seattle Children's in-patient food.  It was a million times better than it used to be. She tried out pancakes and French toast.  Of course, Carla didn't eat all of that, but she wanted a variety, just in case it was not edible. We were pleasantly surprised at how yummy it actually was!
Happy with her food. 
 We were able to get out of the hospital Thursday evening, but decided, instead of heading to my cousin's wedding in Portland on Friday, that it would be better to just go home. We were completely spent and ready to get home. Plus, we didn't think it would be a good idea to have her be over exerted or around a bunch of people.  Friday morning we got packed up and headed towards home...
I found a really nice Best Western Plus by the Spokane airport. We were super happy to be settled for the night.
 On Saturday we were up bright and early with a fire alarm at the hotel... It turned out to be a good thing, because we were all ready to hit the road about an hour earlier than we had planned.  We got home around 4:00 on Saturday, made a simple dinner, did some unpacking, relaxed and then slept like babies in our own beds!

Sunday morning, Cody came out for breakfast and helped us put together the pool! We decided that it would be a really good form of exercise for Carla (because she loves to swim but hates all other exercise) as well as for the rest of us.  It was a LONG day of putting the pool together, but we have been LOVING IT ever since!! So worth it!
Bobby figuring out the filtration system...
On Monday, Carla and I were able to meet up with my bestie and her daughter for lunch at the Suki Cafe in Helena.  It was really yummy, great company, and not nearly enough time together. But still great to see Morgan and Jenny.
Carla and Morgan
 Before we left the house, Carla advised me that I was wearing entirely too much eye makeup and that I looked like I had black eyes...  Clearly this child does not see me in eyeliner very often...
I'm pretty sure I don't look like a street walker... 
Today Carla went to the salon and cut off about 6 inches of hair!  She is thrilled with how it looks and feels.  :)

Before and After...

School starts in less than 2 weeks now... I am dreading sending her back to the germs, but know that it is important for her to be social and to get an education... Why does it have to be so hard and give me so much anxiety???


We are so incredibly happy and blessed.

Love, Jen

No comments: