Our July started out with Carla being sick :(  She had a bacteria in her lungs and it hit her hard on the 3rd and 4th of July.  Luckily, after sleeping almost all day (and 3 antibiotic treatments) she was well enough to enjoy fireworks!!!  

The 3rd of July, feeling sick, but looking very grown up...

The 4th of July... Carla literally slept all day.
After sleeping all day, Carla woke up around 9:00 p.m., ready to enjoy some fireworks.  We were so incredibly thankful that she felt well enough to enjoy the holiday!

Lighting fireworks with Daddy.

So excited!

Snuggling up Papa.

Super excited!
On July 7th we went to Helena to visit with my Dad and Sue and take a few pictures, here are a couple of pictures from the day.
Carla, on Mount Helena

Our little Wright Family (minus one) on Mount Helena.
Later that evening, we flew out with Cody to celebrate his 24th birthday in Vegas!  Not a lot of kids want to go to Vegas with their folks, but Cody is not an ordinary guy.  So, we flew out for a weekend adventure.
On our flight.

Headed to Vegas!
We spent the 8th walking about a thousand miles, had a delicious dinner, went to see a Chris Angel show and finally to Fremont Street to zip line.  It was a fabulous day!
Celebrating Cody's birthday :)

Our buddy, Barry, who lives in Vegas, with Tom and Mandy. 

Dinner selfies with my love!

Enjoying Fremont street, with our photo bomber, Tom.

Loving this life together.

"The Kids" We are so blessed that they think we are cool enough to hang out with.

Cody and I, getting ready to buy zipline tickets... We had to purchase for the next day, because we wanted to go on the high line and it was all booked up for the night.
On Cody's birthday, we went back to Fremont Street so that we could go zip lining.  It was fabulous and Bobby took a couple of pictures for us.  Cody and I are on the right...

While we were on Fremont Street we found this Pikachu for Carla ... He then proceeded to "do Vegas". :)


And levitating...  He learned that from Chris Angel
As fun as Vegas was, it is always THE BEST to get back home to this little Nukum.
Being super weird nerds together :)

She is so silly...

And Beautiful ...

Before bed the other night, Bobby decided to serenade us.  The dog was impressed :)
On Sunday, the 16th, we took Carla to her very first live theatre production.  We saw Tarzan, the musical, at the Grand Street Theatre in Helena.  It was absolutely fabulous, but watching her experience it was even cooler.  She clapped vigorously, laughed out loud and cried during the sad moments. She absolutely loved it!  

Last Thursday, the 20th, Carla woke up crying with a fever.  We took her to the doctor, did x-rays and labs and came to the conclusion that her left lung was infected.  Most likely we didn't kick the bacteria the first time around and after a 10 days it was back.  We have started her on a different antibiotic and will do a 20 day course, instead of 10. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Next Wednesday Carla has another biopsy in Seattle.  I am confident that it will be good news, because she has had lower heart rates and higher oxygen saturations lately.  I'm sure the stent in February made her heart healthier.  

I cannot believe that the summer is more than half over, and that Carla will start school again on the 22nd of August :(. I wish the summer could last forever.  We will get one last adventure in before school starts though, we are going to Casper, WY to witness the solar eclipse.  It's going to be super cool!  

Love, Jen

No comments: