10/8/16

This and That...

Things have been going fine and dandy around here :)  Carla is enjoying 3rd Grade and I am busy with chores, working out and going back and forth to the school every day.  I take her in the morning, come home and work out, take a shower, make lunch and then go get Carla for lunch. Unfortunately, lunch is only half and hour, so she gobbles down some food and then I rush her back for the rest of the day, do some chores and whatever and then pick her up after school. Bringing Carla home for lunch is somewhat of a hassle, but I think it's well worth it because it helps her to stay healthy. A cafeteria full of kids eating is a recipe for disaster when it comes to being immunosuppressed and staying healthy. And, so far it has been working, because she hasn't had much more than a slight "I'm not feeling great" day... Unfortunately we are still battling the pseudomonas phlegm, and will start another month of the inhaled antibiotic again next week. Last year at this time Carla had already had a horrible cold, pneumonia twice as well as two hospitalizations. So, I'm feeling pretty good about the way things are going so far. 

Carla and I will head back over to Seattle on November 15th for more doctor visits as well as a vocal chord procedure. We are hoping the vocal chord procedure will once again help with the phlegm issues (fingers crossed).

I can't even believe how fast time is flying by and that we are coming up on the "holiday season" again! We have been out of our house for over a year and Bobby is in his 3rd year of college!  It seems like I blink my eyes and another year has gone by! 

Carla had a cardio appointment on September 19th and things are going pretty much the same.  They upped her beta blocker in the hopes of slowing down her speedy heart rate, but that has only helped a little bit. I do always have a worry in the back of my mind about her Coronary Artery Disease and her speedy heart rate. But, at this time I will be happy that she is doing pretty well in general and enjoy life.

I am so thankful for your continued thoughts and prayers.  

Love, Jen

No comments: