5/30/16

Life is Good...

Tomorrow Bobby, Carla and I will head off for our very first ever trip to Disneyland!  We figure it will also be our last trip to Disneyland, so decided to stay at the Grand Californian Disney Resort. Also, what factored into our stay on sight is that with Carla's low stamina, it will be good to go back to the room easily if we need to. I will be up at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow, to make sure we depart the house by 4:15 to make it to the airport on time. We hope to be to Disneyland by 3:00ish and will probably spend the first evening hanging out at the pool and hitting the park early Wednesday, but I guess we will see how things go :)

Packing up our family with refrigerated inhaled antibiotics, a nebulizer, as well as all of Carla's heart meds and inhalers was a little unnerving, but I think I have everything under control. Fingers crossed that I don't forget anything crucial ;)

As far as Carla's health goes... about a week ago I started to have her gargle with salt water twice a day. It seems to really be helping. She still has the phlegm, but I have noticed a significant improvement. I think part of the problem has to do with her paralyzed vocal cord.  She doesn't necessarily get a productive cough, so I'm pretty sure that is part of the perfect storm that has lead to this chronic Pseudomonas cough.

Carla's resting heart rate is still pretty high, and we continue to hope and pray that the new med will help it come down to a more regular speed.

I can't wait to share all of our adventures when we get home!

Love, Jen

No comments: