3/16/16

Weekend and Cardio Update

Carla and I had a very busy couple of days! Friday evening we headed off for Helena to see my Dad's band play.  It was a lot of fun and Carla danced up a storm and even met another 8 year old girl who she befriended.  Hi, I'm a girl, your a girl.... you're 8, I'm 8!  Lets be friends forever!  That's pretty much how it went down.

On Saturday we got together with one of my dearest friends, Katy, and her youngest son Andrew, who is 4 months older than Carla. The four of us explored the Made in Montana Fair, at the fairgrounds. There were about one million people there and tons of stuff to look at. Later, we took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and then went to Katy's house and hung out for an hour or so. Carla got to play video games with Will (Katy's middle son who is very techy, like Carla) and Finally, she got to ride a four wheeler for the first time, with Katy's "little brother" who just recently moved back to Montana.

After Dad & Sue got home from church we had dinner at the Jade (our favorite) and headed off to give Grandma her nighttime meds, Grandma was so excited to see Carla and I, she practically jumped out of her chair! I sure do love Grandma Morgan, she is the sweetest and our family has been so blessed to have her. Saturday night I stayed up late visiting with my Dad, and once again, I am reminded just how blessed I am to have such and awesome family.

Sunday we tried out a yummy new pizza place and eventually headed west, towards Missoula for a heart checkup Monday morning.  On  our way out of town we stopped to see Jenny again, she also came to the gig Friday night. After about an hour we were on our way to Missoula. It was fun to cram so much family and friends into one little weekend, wish we could do that more often!

After arriving in Missoula, we headed over and checked in to the Ronald McDonald house, and then settled in for the  night. We had an 8:00 a.m .appointment with Dr. Sticka (the pediatric cardiologist who replaced Dr. Hardy). They did the usual tests and told me that her echo looks unchanged from when we were there in November.  That's a relief! But still doesn't explain why Carla's heart rate has jumped up 15 or 20 beats a minute.  Seattle Children's is going to take a look at the images and let us know if we need to do anything further.  While I feel reassured that her heart looks good, I have to admit that I'm still concerned... I guess time will tell.  I will continue to monitor it and hopefully it will get better with time.

We had to brave some snow on Monday's drive home from Missoula. I swear, it hasn't snowed in months and then we take a road trip and boom, snow!  It wasn't terrible, but did make the drive a little slower.  We were so happy to get home to the other half of our family! Bobby had to work all weekend and then had a class that he couldn't miss on Monday.  So, us girls were on our own.

Here are some pictures from our weekend adventure...

Carla and her new BFF, dancing with Uncle Dan

The 2 Jens :)

Andrew and Carla, in their new trucker hats Katy bought them. 

Carla and Reg, she enjoyed the ride!

Pizza time! 

Snuggling up Grandpa before we had to take off. 

Hanging at the RMH in her new PJs 
Tuesday morning labs...

Thankfully they were easy peasy! 

No comments: