1/24/16

This and That

Hello! I just wanted to check in and say hi!

Carla is still coughing up phlegm and hasn't been feeling very great this week, her color was also very pale. I took her to the pediatrician on Wednesday and we did a lab culture on her phlegm as well as started another antibiotic. Unfortunately, I got a call on Friday that the preliminary results of the phlegm showed both a staph and pneumonicocle (sp?) I guess that would be pneumonia?  The nurse said that it doesn't mean that she has pneumonia and that the final results would come in over the weekend and that someone would call me.  But they are thinking her current antibiotic should just stay on board and hopefully it will take care of whatever is growing.  I haven't heard back from them yet this weekend but Carla's color does look better.  We also started a medicine called Singulair, which is actually an asthma medicine, in the hopes that opening up her lungs a little bit would help her to clear out the nasty cough (that's been going on since she had pneumonia in September). Our thought is that her lungs have been compromised from the Plastic Bronchitis, so hopefully this will help.

A couple of weeks ago Carla spent the night with her Grandparents in Helena, Bobby went to a concert with his band-mates and I had a long over due girls night out with two of my favorite people. It was a nice break and it was also nice to get to spend some time with my Dad & Sue. Later that same week I actually peeled off and drove to Helena to catch a movie with Sue. We were hoping for a comedy, but it ended up being more of a drama.  But, that's alright. While I was off in Helena Bobby took Carla out to lunch for a little Daddy-Daughter date.  They had a nice time too!

Today we will be headed back to Helena cheer on the Broncos in the Championship game against the Cheatas (what I call the Patriots). We will be doing lunch and watching the game at my Dad & Sue's house, followed by a birthday party at Jeff & Jessica's house for Ryder.  He turned 4 yesterday! When we return home Bobby has to get straight away on a paper that has to be written by tonight at midnight. So, we are keeping  busy busy.  

Carla and I will go in for labs Monday morning and then back to Seattle on Friday, February 5th to see both the heart docs and the lung doc.  It will be a whirlwind of a trip... leave Friday morning, home Friday night. Carla has gone through a big growth spurt and has outgrown all of her medicine doses... this means we have pretty much been doing weekly labs to get her levels back on track. I measured her the other day and she had grown over an inch since November 26th.  Crazy!

Go Broncos!

Love, Jen

Here's a picture of Carla at lunch with her Daddy. 

No comments: