1/4/16

And now I'm sad...

I just dropped Carla off at school for the first day in weeks. ... and now I'm sad :( I'm going to miss having her around the house.  I'm also going to miss being in control of the germs she is exposed to. This morning one of her classmates was being dropped off at school and his mom was telling the teacher that he had had a fever of 104 since Christmas. But it broke yesterday, so he's at school today. GREAT. That makes me feel really good.  Seriously, would it have killed her to keep him home for one more day to MAKE SURE he's not contagious! I reminded Carla; no holding hands, hugging, or kissing her classmates. She loves to hug her friends. I also reminded her about the hand sanitizer on her desk and I wiped her desk with a Clorox Bleach wipe. I also pick her up and bring her home for lunches so that she isn't exposed to all the germs of the lunchroom... She washes her hands upon arriving home and I put DoTerra's "On Guard" on her feet before school and before bed. I'm not sure there is much more that I can do. But if you think of something, let me know.

Well, I guess I should get some of the chores done!  Happy Monday!!

Love, Jen

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I would write a note to be sent home to parents. Just share Carla's story and how far she has come. Ask for extra caution with illness. It would go a long way. I am a special Ed teacher and have had to send home notes like that.