Back in the Hospital!

It has come to my attention that I am a bad little blogger!  I blame facebook.  Just kidding, actually we have just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get on the computer and blog. Carla was released from Children's, Friday the 25th of September.  We made it home on the Tuesday after and she was able to attend a couple of days of school... just enough to catch another illness.  After she got better from that she was able to attend another couple of days and got sick again!  She has been sick all week and we started antibiotics on Wednesday. She has been spiking fevers on and off since Wednesday and even though we started the antibiotics, she hasn't seemed to get any better.  So, today I texted her pediatrician, she came in to the clinic special to see Carla and after seeing her, getting an x-ray and talking to Children's, we are now admitted to Benefis Hospital. Carla is being a really big trooper and I just can't believe how big and brave she is.  I tried really hard to keep her home and told her (after they'd been digging around in her veins and finally got an IV) that the reason I don't like to take her to the hospital is because of all the poking and prodding that they do to her. She looked at me and said "Mom, it's for the best."  Now we are waiting for more lab work, so let's hope that turns out well and that they can get some blood from her. She's had one poke in the arm with no luck, it took two pokes in the hand to get an IV and now they will try with all of their might to get a bunch of blood from her. She also had her regular labs on Monday, and nose swab and more labs on Wednesday, when I took her to the pediatrician. Needless to say, we are over it.

On Friday, I talked to the principal of Carla's school and we have decided that we will be doing home bound schooling from now on.  The benefits of being social just don't outweigh the consequences of being around so many other children. It will definitely be an adjustment for our family to not have her attending school anymore, but I am looking forward to her getting well and staying well for more than a day or two.

As far as other news goes, we should HOPEFULLY be done building our new apartment in 10 days! That's when the carpet guy comes to finish up his work. We are so incredibly tired of living with most of our stuff in boxes, and cannot wait for some normalcy again!

Please pray that Carla gets well soon.

Love, Jen

No comments: