Transported to Seattle

This morning I woke up at 5:00 a.m., to the cries of Carla's demand for medicine.  I took her temp, gave her Tylenol and also took a pulse/ox.  Her heart rate was elevated and her oxygen levels were in the mid to low 80s.  So, we went to the hospital.  We were told that it was most likely a bacterial pneumonia and were admitted to the pediatric floor. Unfortunately, as the day progressed Carla needed more oxygen and they decided that she should come to Seattle to be safe.  So, Carla and I flew with the Mercy Flight team to Seattle and we checked in to the Children's ER around 1:30 a.m., Seattle time. It is now 2:34, they have given her Tylenol (for her fever) and re-taped her IV (because it wouldn't flush) and have started IV fluids.  She is on 3 liters of oxygen and her saturation levels are at 93. I hope the ER docs are talking to the transplant team, and that we will get a room somewhere else soon. We are all hoping and praying that Carla heals up and feels great soon.  It is so hard to watch her suffer and especially weird how fast this kind of thing can come on. She stayed home on Wednesday with a cold (I even questioned whether or not I should let her stay home). Thursday around 3:00 a.m. the fevers started and I gave her Tylenol every four hours until 4:00 p.m. to break fevers as they would come as soon as the Tylenol wore off.  But Friday, she seemed to be so much better!  And then around 4:00 p.m. she spiked a fever that just wouldn't quit!  These fevers are fierce too, they rise super fast and put her in a state of shivering misery. And then, as the fever comes down, even if she is at 101, if the fever is on the down trend, she seems to feel extremely better. They did a chest x-ray this morning in the ER, and they did one right before we left Benefis. The one from the evening was actually worse than the morning x-ray. We had done a dose of IV Antibiotics, so her x-ray being worse doesn't make sense to me, and it was a big factor in why we are now in Seattle instead of Great Falls.

Please pray that our little sweetheart gets all better soon.

Love, Jen

No comments: