9/19/15

Bacterial Pneumonia

Tuesday evening Carla seemed to be getting a little bit sick. Wednesday, she stayed home with a cold but I didn't think it was too bad. Thursday around 3am, she awoke with a fever of 102, which reared its ugly head every four hours as the Tylenol wore off until around 4:30 pm. After that she seemed to be getting better. In fact, I took her to the pediatrician on Friday and she seemed like she was in the mend. Unfortunately, when we got home Friday, she spiked a fever that wouldn't quit for 4 1/2 hours, but it stopped around 8:00 and I was hoping we had see the last of this ugly cold. I had called children's when she was feverish and the wanted me to take her to the hospital if her oxygen saturations dipped under 90. Well, at 5:00 this morning she woke up demanding medicine. She had a fever of 102 and her oxygen level was at 84. I woke up Bobby and his folks, and we took Carla to the ER. She is currently admitted and started on IV antibiotics. She is starting to feel much better, fingers crossed! 

No comments: