1/23/15

After starting an antibiotic last Monday, Carla was feeling much better!  She had labs on Thursday and then Friday we were able to go to Helena for my Dad's gig at the Staggering Ox. Carla and I spent the night with our besties and then we had a Wildtree Tasting party Saturday afternoon with our other besties! Sunday was a perfect afternoon of football and relaxation.  It was a great weekend!  Wednesday afternoon Carla had a dentist appointment in Helena and directly after we hopped in the car to try to make to to Missoula before it got dark.  I can't see so well in the dark, so the last half an hour was a little nerve wracking, but we made it safe and sound.  We were lucky enough to spend the night at the Ronald McDonald House in Missoula and then attended Carla's cardiologist appointment first thing Thursday morning. Because of her coronary disease we have to keep a close eye on her heart, to make sure it isn't being damaged in any way.  The good news is that her heart still looks great!  After the appointment we rushed back to Cascade so that Carla could attend the "Disco Party" her class was having.  They had accumulated 30 class points for doing great, so they were rewarded with a party, and they voted to have a disco party.  When I went to pick her up the party was still in full swing and it was fabulous!  The kids (and Mrs. Cobb) looked like they were having a blast! This morning around 3:00 a.m. Carla cried out and when I went to her room I found her freezing cold with a fever of 100.3.  NOT AGAIN!!!  I gave her some Tylenol and after an hour her fever had risen a degree to 101.3, but she wasn't shivering anymore.  Around 4:15 she started to feel more normal and then she was awake by 5:30.  She seems alright right now, but I don't dare send her to school because she has a tendency to get fevers on and off sometimes. So, I guess we'll wait and see what happens.  A bunch of kids in the school were sick last week with a virus that involved a fever and I can't help but think that must be what she caught. So, we will just take it easy and pray that she feels great throughout the weekend (but I'm not holding my breath).  

When we got Carla's labs back on Tuesday, we realized that the lab had only tested her med levels, instead of the full panel like usual.  I have to admit that I was a tiny bit pissed off, because she had to get two pokes and then they messed it up and didn't check some of her very important levels, like her CBC, WBC, magnesium levels, kidney function, heart density.  All of that stuff gets jacked around when she is sick and those levels needed to be checked.  So, we will go back on Monday for more levels.  

Love, Jen

Last Thursday morning before labs. 


Dancing with Ryder at Dad's gig. 

Jenny, Jess, Katy and I.  My very best friends :) 

Carla and Morgan :)

Jenny and I, being silly. 

Best Friends.  We stayed up too late and Carla was pooped.  

Go Seahawks!  Carla received this cool shirt from Grandma Bev. 

At the dentist, Carla was a big girl and was able to get great x-rays this time!  

Carla and I at Dr. Hardy's office with Gabriela, the new dolly the Ronald McDonald House gave Carla. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your page. I was so touched and so sad this little girl has gone through so much. Of course I think of my son and it tears me up. Lol.
My prayers go out to your precious Angel and to all of you. God bless her.

Wright Family said...

Thank you so much! We always tell Carla, "We are glad God gave us you." She has had more than her fair share of medical problems, but she has never known anything different. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.