8/31/14

The First Week of School!!!

It's Sunday, so that means we have made it through the first week of school!!! Bobby started his freshman year at the University of Great Falls on Monday and Carla started her first day of 1st Grade on Tuesday. They are both enjoying school and I am enjoying getting caught up on some of the house chores that just don't ever seem to get done regularly enough. Like, for instance, the weeding.  This summer went from raining and cold through June to ridiculously hot in July and ongoing. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). All that being said, the weeding just didn't get done as it should have. So Tuesday, while Bobby and Carla were at school, I spent about three hours pulling weeds. And it no longer looks like our house is abandoned.

Carla woke up on Friday with a sore throat. In the essence of trying to be "normal" I made her go to school. When Cody was young the rule was basically if you don't have a fever and your not throwing up, you're going to school. So, I sent her to school. And Friday night she ended up with a stubborn fever of 102.5. She was miserable and I felt bad for sending her to school and maybe making her worse. It's just such a difficult line to balance on because I want to treat her "normal" but she is still fragile. And I don't want her missing so much school that she gets behind. But she is so fragile. And when she does get sick, it takes her two or three times longer to get better than a "normal" child. So, she could literally miss a whole week of school from one cold. And she catches everything! All that being said, I'm so thankful for the three day weekend because it gives her a chance to get better :)

Here are some pictures from our adventures.

Bobby, on his first day of school.
(This is a pose I used to make Cody do on the way to his first day of school). 
Here's a throw back from Cody's first day of his Senior year.  

All dressed up and ready for her first day of 1st Grade.

She is such a big girl this year and had lots of fun :)  When I took her to class she settled in quickly before finding one of her friends and going outside to recess.  I was grinning ear to ear all the way back to the car.

My project - Oy.  How embarrassing that we let it get so bad.

And this is why I need to weed more often!  All those weeds were a perfect spider nesting area.  It was so gross.  I got rid of all of all the weeds and then sprayed everything with Roundup.
Hopefully the spiders found a different home to live at. 
 After school Carla came home, changed her clothes and was ready to go to the park.
I spun her right round baby right round, like a record baby, right round, round round.   
Mario, wondering what she is doing. 


Being cute on the walk home. 

Hey look!  NO more weeds!


Thursday morning, in her new outfit from Grandma Sue :)

Friday before school, see, she didn't look sick... but did insist on wearing a long sleeve shirt
because her classroom is cold. 

Friday night :( Battling a fever.
And last of all... I can't believe I forgot to post this one (I blame Facebook for being so easy to use -blogger can be a real pain at times). This is from the beginning of August, after the parade that kicked off the Cascade Rodeo.  She got more candy than she collected for Halloween last year! And she  proceeded to make a circle and get in.  Such a silly girl :)
In her candy nest.

Carla is on her way to feeling better.  We have been battling high fevers and phlegmy pukes, but she is not battling for her life.  We are so thankful that Carla can get sick, and that with sickness doesn't come the fear of her suffocating to death.

Love, Jen


No comments: