7/12/14

4th of July, Dr. Visits, Family & Fun!

It has been so long since I posted, so I have quite a lot of news!  First of all, the 4th of July was a blast!  We kept it pretty low key, but enjoyed spending time with friends and family.  We all had a great time and Mario didn't even freak out about the fireworks.

Monday Carla had a dentist appointment in Helena, and then we were able to attend a BBQ with my family to celebrate that my Auntie Jeannette and Uncle Bill were visiting from California. We had a terrific time and I just can't say enough how much I absolutely LOVE my family.  We are so incredibly blessed to have such amazing people in our lives.

Tuesday morning we were up early and flew to Seattle via Angel Flight West!  It was amazing to be taken via private plane and we are so grateful that we had the opportunity to do that! Bev picked us up at Boeing Field around noon and we were thankful to be able to visit with her for the evening (and also thankful that we could stay with her and borrow her car).  Carla had appointments set for 8:00, 9:00 and 10:00 Wednesday morning, so we left Bev's around 6:35, anticipating traffic issues.  Luckily enough, traffic was smooth sailing and we arrived at Children's about 15 minutes early!  And, that set the tone for the day!  Carla's echo was done in 20 minutes, we saw Dr. S. Law before 9:00 and were called in to our ENT appointment by 10:03!! Things never run so smoothly at Children's, so I was so incredibly happy!!!

Dr. Law said that Carla's echo looked great, and she was impressed by how well Carla looked in general!   People kept saying: "she doesn't even look like the same child!" After our heart appointments we were off to see the ENT, who was happy with Carla's voice and how well she has taken to the vocal cord injection.  We will call him when her voice starts to change again and make an appointment for the second vocal cord procedure.  (The second procedure will last for several years, so we are excited about that!)

Wednesday, July 9th, was not only a day of appointments, it was also Cody's 21st Birthday!!!  We didn't get to see him,  but it sounds like he had a great day.  We are so incredibly proud Cody and love him as much as any Mom and Dad could ever love their boy.  It's hard to believe our little Cody Bear is 21.  Crazy.

Thursday Carla and I flew back home and then later drove to Helena for dinner with my family to celebrate my Dad's birthday!  After dinner I ran back to Dad and Sue's house to tend to the puppy but Carla got to go for a walk with her Grandparents and Aunt Dianne around Spring Meadow Lake, followed by the Symphony in the park.

I spent time with Mario and also had a chance to get my new phone programmed.  (I had to break down and get a new phone because the camera and flashlight quit working a couple months ago and I was just sick of dealing with it).  My new phone pretty much looks the same, but it works a lot better and I am pleased!

Later in the evening I was able to meet up with one of my best friends from high school for a drink!  We hadn't seen each other in about 20 years and it was so nice to get a chance to visit and catch up!

Today I thought it would be a good day to catch up on the blog :) as well as clean up my messy house and just take it easy!  It's been a long but very fun week!!

Love, Jen

Carla, watching her Daddy and Jeff light a firework. 

She's so excitable!

Cute Toot!

Mr. Mario

Letting me take her picture :)

Selfies with Jess!

Being excited!

She is such an expressive child.

:)

Indulging me again...

Ryder, chillin in Carla's Princess Jeep

Sparklers!  (I promise she didn't burn her feet).  

Sparkler fun

Waiting for the town fireworks. 

Our friend Jessica took this picture.  I thought it was so cool!  Carla doing her sparkler and the town fireworks going off behind her.  We love being in Cascade on the 4th, it is so cool!
I found this picture the other day and I don't think I posted it.   This was taken at the beginning of June, with Carla and Mario. 
I can't believe this little boy is all grown up!  He was such a delightful child :)

Cody and Shelby, it warms my heart to see them looking so happy!  Glad you had a Happy Birthday Cody!

Here I am with my friend Angie from high school.  It was so great to have the opportunity to catch up the other night!



No comments: