4/25/13

Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up!

After Carla's appointment on Monday, while hanging out in our hotel, waiting for the go-ahead to leave Seattle, Carla was being a dork, fell of the bed, and broke her arm!  Of course, we didn't know she broke it until yesterday, because we thought she twisted it and it wasn't an obvious break.  But, when it still hurt Wednesday morning we took her to the pediatrician, who ordered an x-ray and we found the break.  Luckily, it was on a part of the bone that isn't load bearing, and the bone hadn't moved at all, so, all we had to do was cast it up (no setting the bone - THANK YOU JESUS).  She, of course, wanted her cast to be pink.   And so it is.  

She is also fighting the cold that gave her the 102.6 fever at Children's on Monday... and I think she needs antibiotics.  So, I have calls in to the docs to hopefully get some antibiotics.  We'll see.  I feel bad because she has just started school in Cascade and has missed more school than she has attended.  But, it's kind of the nature of the beast with her.  We figure any school she can attend is the best occupational and physical therapy she can get, and she needs to be around other kids.  But, at the same time, her immune system is compromised, so she is going to catch everything and she has a better chance of those bugs turning into infections.  And, she has a lot of doctor's appointments (which sometimes feels a bit much to me, but we have to do what we have to do).  

So, please pray for a speedy recovery!  

Carla, in all her glory!
Love, Jen

2 comments:

cici said...

oh no! My daughter broke her arm when she was 5. (The elbow) We had quite a time getting her clothes on and off. She was in kindergarten, I remember as I pulled up outside, I saw her jump roping with her class and vision of her breaking the other one overwhelmed me. Her teacher did not understand why I was so worried. :( The joy of being a Mom.
Tell Carla to get many autographs and feel better soon!!

Uncle Andy said...

I remember when her mom broke her arm, She fell off of a horse. her arm did have to be set unfortunatly.