2/2/13

Thursday was the 25th anniversary of my Mom's death.  But instead of moping around feeling sad,  we busted out the karaoke machine Carla got for her birthday last year and she did some serious singing and dancing around the living room. Now that, is some serious food for the soul!  She had me laughing and laughing.  And, it is so awesome to see her continue to have energy instead of having to rest after one song.  Also pretty neat how she can hold a note, because she has never had the lungs to hold a note in the past.   That evening we went back to the hospital for Carla's blood draw and everything went well. She is back to her old self as far as blood draws go, which is such a huge blessing.  There for about a month she was giving Hector a  bit of trouble, crying and carrying on.  But  now she is back to her big girl ways... :)  Which is so much less stressful!  She has even been taking her disgusting meds without a hassle.  Best. Daughter. Ever.  :)

Yesterday I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to fix the sound on my laptop, because when I updated it the other day it lost sound!  So ANNOYING!  After many e-mails with HP Support I got nowhere and ended up restoring it back to it's pre-updated status.  This has happened in the past and I was able to uninstall and reinstall the sound driver...but I wasn't even able to do that successfully yesterday.  I hate having to try to figure out what's wrong with the computer ... it is just so time consuming and frustrating.  I wish I could just go get a new one - that's seriously how much I hate it.   

Yesterday was also Wear Red for CHD Awareness day.  So, we wore red :)  February is Heart Month, and specifically the 7th through the 14th is CHD Awareness week.  So, we will make sure and spread some extra awareness around...although, pretty much every day is heart day around here.  We pretty much tell everyone who will listen about Carla and her story!  

Here are some pictures from our adventures :)

Love, Jen
Singing on Thrusday

Going to tutoring yesterday :)

Making Cupcakes :)


My little (hungry) helper :) She'd been licking the beaters...

No comments: