Well, it's another Monday and we have officially been home for a month!  Carla is doing well and this is the first week we don't have a cardiologist visit/echo & blood draw!  We do, however, start physical and occupational therapy, so that should be fun!  We are also going to see Carla's old heart on Wednesday!  We have an appointment at 2:00 with the pathologist.  Should be interesting!  

We have been extremely cooped up and it has been pretty chilly out for the past couple of weeks.  So, yesterday we decided to go for a drive.  It was foggy, and you couldn't see very far...but at least we weren't just looking around our apartment at each other.  It was a nice treat to get out.  Carla loves Applebees, so we called in a curb side delivery in Renton and had a little picnic in the car.  Then we drove towards Mt. Rainier, but decided to turn around when the roads got a little icy after Graham.  We are enjoying our break from snow and ice this year :)  After our drive we tried a delicious new chicken dish, suggested by Bobby's cousin Tiffini.   You take chicken breast, wrap it in bacon and then mix some sour cream with garlic powder, pepper & season salt (I like Season All), and dump the sour cream over the chicken and cooked it at 370 for about 45 minutes.  The bacon made the dish coming out of the oven super greasy (which kind of grossed me out) BUT it was really super yummy!  The flavor from the bacon was amazing!  

After dinner we watched the tail end of the Ravens/Patriots game and played a game of Sorry.  I lost again... but didn't cry as hard as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.  There lives must just be so hard! (insert sarcasm...) I'm pretty sure these two made some kind of deal with the devil along the way somewhere.      

We got Carla to bed at 8:00 in the hopes that she wouldn't be yelling that she hates me at 7:45 a.m. when med time arrives.  She has never been such a horrendous crab in the morning, so I am hoping this transition is Prednisone related.  I'm pretty sure it is.  This morning I started waking her up earlier, with her favorite music, and she hated that too!  But, by the time it was med time she was in a much better mood.  Thank The Lord!  And took her medicine like a champ.  She really HATES her cyclosporine.  It tastes like motor oil, I'm pretty sure, and she has to take it twice a day.  I wish we could get it in the form of a pill...but we can't at this point.  

We don't have any plans for today, but it is another chilly, foggy day.... although, it's not below zero, the wind is not blowing and we don't have piles of drifting snow everywhere... So, it's warmer than at home!

Love, Jen

I just can't get enough of these pink toes!  

In her cheer outfit from Uncle Bill & Aunt Tristan (do you wonder what school they went to?)

Getting read for her tutoring & piano lessons on Friday!

Right before our drive yesterday.  As one of my Facebook friends said, "She is Divalicious!"  I find that super cute because we called Cody Codalicious when he was her age :)  

No comments: