1/7/13

Is this what normal feels like?

I've been feeling extremely peaceful and relaxed lately.  So much so that I almost feel like napping... is this what normal feels like?  It's been so long since I haven't been on edge, full of anxiousness and tension that I think I may have forgotten what normal feels like!  But, if this is it, I am in!

I can't believe it has been five days since I posted on the blog.  Today is the 7th, so school is back in session and we were able to set up Carla's tutoring sessions with the Hutch School this morning.  Carla will be able to tutor for 2 hours a week, until she goes back to school.  Tomorrow and Friday at 2:00, she will do her tutoring.  Wednesday we have a marathon day at the hospital (OT, PT, Echo & Cardio appointments) and then Thursday we have a pulmonary appointment bright and early in the morning. So, this will be a busy week!  I have a feeling that before we know it, it will be time to move home!  Although, looking at the photos people are posting of all the snow... I'll have to admit, the gloomy days of Seattle aren't so bad.

But, there are a few things that I really do miss... here are a few, in no certain order:  The sunshine, even when it's freezing out a little sunshine can brighten a person's day;  My kitchen!  I like to cook and this tiny kitchen is not cutting the mustard!; A house that isn't drafty... you can never get the temperature right in this apartment... it's either freezing cold or too friggin hot!  I can't wait until I'm in my perfectly air tight home with a digital thermostat!; My washing machine!  Yes, I am spoiled!  I have the most wonderful front loading LG, that I rewarded myself with after Carla's Glenn.  And ya know what, I love it!  I love shoving 3 loads worth into my washing machine and having everything come out clean and smelling lovely.  Oh, and by the way, there are no mysterious holes showing up in the clothing and when I choose "cold water" it doesn't randomly give me hot!; and speaking of appliances... I miss my dishwasher! Yes, I have one here, but the way the racks are laid out it's hard to get the dishes to fit right...; my bed;  bathtub, shower, basement, elliptical, having a lot of space to wander around in...  You name it, I miss it.  And those are just mostly the material things ... it's not even counting the PEOPLE I miss, and believe me, I miss a whole bunch of awesome people.  Starting with  family all the way down the line of friends and acquaintances.  I can't even begin to describe how amazing it is to belong to a community that is as loving as ours.  And when I say community, I am including Great Falls, Helena and Cascade, because these are our home towns that have really gotten behind us. I could probably go on and on but that might get a little boring, so I'll move on.  Just one last thing, while I'm thinking about it.  I miss the stars, and I miss the sweet sound of silence.  In Cascade you can go outside at night, look into the sky and see a million stars... and it is so quiet and still (when the wind isn't blowing).  I miss that serenity.

Last week we received a package...and it was full of all kinds of fun stuff for Carla!  A big thank you to Uncle Norm, Aunt Donna and Aunt Dianne for thinking of us and sending this awesome box of stuff to Carla.  She LOVES everything you sent.

Just after we got the knock on the door that we had a box arrive...

Bunches of stuffed animals...

 She loves her Lady & the Tramp Stuffed Animals :)  
 A Doctor Mommy Doll!!!  One of the few things Carla wanted for Christmas that we didn't get her.  When she opened up this present she was SO incredibly happy!




 The other night we had game night... Carla beat Bobby and I at both Sorry and Yahtzee!  I think we need to sneak her into Vegas, because the girl can roll some serious dice!  



Snuggling...

Pink Fingers... 
I colored my hair!  

Carla in her Daddy's hat :)  She's such a little cutie :)

Today before we went out for a drive...

The Instagram version...
Carla expresses to us daily how happy she is to have her new heart.  She is growing so much and her body is starting to look and feel "normal".  I can't even begin to express the gratitude that we feel towards our donor family for giving Carla this beautiful gift of life.  For the first time in her life she is pink.  She has energy and her body doesn't have to work extra hard to compensate for the fact that she only has half a heart.  We are so blessed and we are so incredibly thankful.

No comments: