Today we got to visit with Melissa (Carla's teacher) and Stephanie (the administrator at the Hutch school). It was so sweet of them to visit, and it made Carla feel very special. Carla can do an hour of tutoring, twice a week at the Hutch school, after the other kids go home until she is ready to go back to school. One of the transplant coordinators said that her going back to the Hutch school pretty quickly would probably be alright, because they take such precautions. We will see, but I think we will at least wait until she is off the steroids (mid February) which would be 3 months post transplant.
The verdict is still out with regard to when we are going to blow this Popsicle stand. Some are saying Wednesday, some are saying Thursday. I guess we'll have to see who is right! I'm hoping for Wednesday (of course) but it won't be that big of a deal if we have to stay through Thursday. At this point we are basically hanging out. She hasn't been hooked to her monitors all day. The nurse takes vitals about every 4 hours. We will hook her up while she sleeps but other than that, she has been pretty free.
I'll let you know tomorrow if we get to leave... ;)