11/15/12

Warming up...

Well, we just spoke with the heart transplant coordinator nurse and she has updated us on Carla's current status.  They are re-warming her body and the new heart is beating on it's own!  After we talked to Pam for a few minutes the charge nurse came and said that Carla is now off of bypass!  So, things are moving along perfectly!  We are so excited about how well things seem to be going!  Don't worry, I will post pictures as soon as we get to see her pink little body.  That probably won't be for another hour or more though :)

Thank you for the continued prayers!

Love, Jen

3 comments:

Sue Peterson said...

I was just perusing my feed and saw this! So excited for you all. I know its been a long time coming and I am glad that everything seems to have gone smoothly! I hope that continues!

Something to be very grateful for this Thanksgiving!

Katie said...

Such wonderful, happy news. thanks for sharing this big day with us...will continue to pray here!

The mom of 4 monkeys! said...

Oh, I am giddy with excitement!!! Yay!

I am also praying a lot for the devastated family that lost their baby today but decided to give a second chance at life with his or her little heart...