11/26/12

The Verdict...

Ok, so, we just met with a huge team of neurologists who think that Carla's mental status is due to high levels of tachrolimus or what they called it tachrolimus toxicity. This is great news because if this is true, she should be back to herself within a couple of weeks or so. She shows us a glimpse of her old self every once in a while, but never all the way. Unfortunately, when her mental status went, so did her ability to help clear herself. So, she is now on bipap in the hopes of drying up her wet and bleeding lungs (they took her off her blood thinner too). We'll just continue to pray and have faith that Carla will be better soon.

Love, Jen

5 comments:

cici said...

I said many Prayers last night for little Carla. I know they will be answered in no time flat.
Thanks for updating. Hope you are all getting rest and remembering to Breathe during this scary bump in the road.
Give her a kiss from me,tell her soon she will be out picking pretty flowers :)

Anonymous said...

I really hope this is the case and that Carla will get better soon! Poor girl. It is hard enough to get a brand new heart, but complications make it so much harder! Hopefully she can have peaceful sleep and get to feeling better!

Sue Cox said...

To Carla's family -- I know the ups & downs are difficult, but keep the faith. I feel your pain & your joy. Reading your blog, Jen, takes me back to the transplants my Jack had done (2003 and 2011). He's doing great now, and I know Carla will reach that point as well. Hugs to you all.

Sue

Anonymous said...

Keeping the faith and sending you lots of hugs. I'm sure she will coming around soon.

Allison said...

Sending hugs and prayers your way. I can't imagine how tough it must be to see her neurologically not acting like herself. We will pray that this new medication mix does the trick and helps her to feel more like herself as she is healing. Hugs!

Alli (IHH)