11/29/12

The most determined person you'd ever want to meet!

Carla is the most determined person you'd ever want to meet.  She has been so extremely ticked about that ventilator ever since they re-placed it the other day.  And this morning, she decided that she was going to do something about it ... if they weren't going to take it off, she was going to chew it out.  And that's exactly what she did.  After chewing a hole in the ventilator hose, the doctors were forced to extubate her.  Afterwards they said "I have never seen that happen before!"  Well, Carla is just that kind of a girl.  Persistent, feisty and when she wants her way, she's gonna get it, one way or another.  So now I ask you to please say a prayer for Bobby and I, as we will be raising this child through her teen years... ;)

All jokes aside though, please pray that Carla's lungs can handle this new work load and that they are all healed up.

Look at that beautiful face...
Sleeping peacefully after extubation.  She says, "My mission is complete, I can now sleep."  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess she decided for everybody that she is done with the vent!!! Hoping for a great day!

cici said...

A girl after my own heart. my Mom told me when I was an infant I wanted out of the hospital bassinet and kicked and kicked until my heels were raw and bloody. She said she knew then I was going to be determined to get what I wanted.
Carla cracks me up. A girls gotta do what she's gotta do!
Praying for strong healed lungs.