11/25/12

Complications...

The doctors think that Carla might have what they referred to as PRES (Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome). To quote Wikipedia:  "PRES occurs due to the use of drugs like tacrolimus and cyclosporine, hence it may occur in people who have undergone an organ transplant, in which these drugs may be used to suppress transplant rejection."  In cases of PRES, the back part of the brain swells, causing symptoms similar to what Carla is experiencing.  She will go in for an MRI at 5:00 ish to find out if this is indeed what is going on.  They suspect PRES because Carla's Tacrolimus levels jumped from 9 to 16 over night and Tacrolimus can also cause trembling, which Carla has been experiencing.  Please pray that whatever is going on with Carla, the doctors are able to fix it.  

I hate to be like this but I can honestly say, I am so over this!  I don't understand why things have to be so hard... that being said.  I know people who are facing much harder burdens, so I need to keep myself in check and have faith that this, like everything else, will work out perfectly.  Sometimes it is just hard to be patient.  We love our little Sweet Pea so much...

Please pray for everything to work out perfectly.

Love, Jen  

9 comments:

Sue Peterson said...

All I can say is hugs...I hope they figure it out and she is on the mend again quickly. I know this must be impossibly difficult...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Christina said...

Oh man, I wish things were easier and less complicated! Hoping you get answers soon and guidance on the best treatment options. Hugs & Prayers!

Anonymous said...

Your little Carla has been in my heart, thoughts and many, many prayers. Please know as someone who had a trauma in her son's life that God is there every minute with you through this. Just keep believing in God's mighty healing hand upon precious Carla. Our son had a miraculous healing and am believing that for your daughter. Love and hugs to your family!

Angee and Thom said...

Wow we are sending all the prayers and good vibes we can muster! Hang in there sweet hearts

Shawnee said...

You have all been through so much and have been so patient. Of course you need to vent a little sometimes. Now Carla has her new heart and although there are setbacks I pray all will be up UP and much, much better soon.

The Simmons Family said...

Many many prayers. I have never heard of this before, but I hd never heard of plastic bronchitis either. Prayers that the MRI will give some answers!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your sweet girl! Prayers for healing! Stay strong in your faith! Love tha Hendricks Family

cici said...

I'm glad the Docs are on top of things. That makes sense, since those drugs are cancer chemotherapy and or immunosupressive powerful drugs, they are bound to cause reactions in a sensitive sweet little girl.
Prayers they get everything figured out and everyone gets some much needed rest tonight.
{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Sending positive energy from Michigan for Carla to get back on track soon, and for her mama and daddy to have peace while things are sorted out.