9/4/12

Kindergarten!!!

Our big girl started Kindergarten this morning! This is how she looked before leaving the house.   


Here she is signing the bus contract that she will be a good rider and do what the bus driver says. 

I am happy to report that they had a booster seat for her.  Here she is with Daddy buckling her in. 

The bus driver took this picture.  I think Carla is looking at her coat, she told me that she didn't need it and that she wanted me to take it home and guard it.  

This is how we found her on the bus.  Clearly Kindergarten was exhausting!
The school called me to ask about her physical limitations.  I told them she is self limiting but that she doesn't have the stamina to keep up with the other kids if walking a distance.  They had figured this out on the way to the park for recess.  The solution is that someone is going to pull her in a red wagon so that she doesn't get left behind.  They said that she was a little sad at lunch time, missing her mommy, but she was able to pull herself out of the funk.  She says that Stephanie (the program manager) read to her and it cheered her up.  And that the corn on the cob with her lunch also cheered her up.  Corn on the cob is her FAVORITE.  I'm pretty sure all she ate was corn on the cob for lunch though, because she has pretty much been eating non-stop since she got home this afternoon!

We were pretty impressed with Carla's bravery this morning.  She wanted to go all by herself, even though we could have ridden the bus with her.  She just wanted to go on her own though.  It felt weird just sending her off that way, but we were confident that she would be fine.  She is such a little independent.  After we sent her off we did a little grocery shopping, house cleaning and office work.  When she got home I also noticed that my patience level was more full.  Do you have any idea how much I NEVER get a break from my child.  And I do mean never.  It was refreshing, and I'm sure good for all of us!  :)  Tomorrow she has a dentist appointment in the morning (no other one available until November so I had to take it) and afterwards we will take her to school and she can ride the bus back to the RMH at 2:00.  So long as she stays healthy (please God) this is going to be so good for our family.  It feels so amazing to do something so "normal" as to send our daughter off to Kindergarten.

Love, Jen

1 comment:

cici said...

You are so right, it is so great for both you. It's sweet she missed her mama, so glad she could be distracted with reading and corn on the cob. Hope each day gets better and better.xo