6/7/12

Hanging tough...

We have just been hanging tough around here without a lot to report ... my anxiety has seemed to resurface again and I have been wishing all of this was behind us BUT here we still sit,  waiting.

On the upside, Bobby's Mom is going to come and visit for a couple of weeks at the end of June AND we are trying to talk Cody in to a visit soon as well.  Carla misses him so much, as do we.  

I had been running on the treadmill daily, but the last few days have been trying to give my hip a rest, because I hurt it a little over a month ago, and it doesn't seem to be fully healing up!  Not exercising makes me feel bad, because I have gained about 15 pounds since having relocated, and it's not easy on the old ego.  I hate who I see when I look in the mirror and that adds to my anxiety/depression.  I know it shouldn't matter, I know I'm under all this stress, etc., etc.  But that doesn't make me feel any better about it.  I can't even squeeze into my "fat" pants comfortably, for crying out loud!  So, that really sucks.

Anyway, enough of my pity party!  All in all, things are good.  Carla hasn't had any plastic bronchitis episodes since the middle of March, and we are feeling very blessed for that!  I am looking forward to seeing Bobby's Mom,  his Auntie, and cousins at the end of June.  Also, looking forward to the sun shining more as well as getting Cody out here for a couple of days at least!  And, if Cody comes, Thomas will come too!  We love those boys so much (they are actually "men" now... but they will always be the boys).  Also, today we went to the pulmonologist and we are not going to make any changes in what we are doing.  So, that is also good.  Carla was the cutest at the doctor's office.  The doctors are her captive audience and she takes advantage of every ounce of attention they are willing to give her.  The doc wanted to know if we ever just recorded her going on and on and such.  Yes, we do ;)  She's entertaining, to say the least!

So, there you have it!  We go back to the cardiologist again next week ... I can't believe it is already time for that!  Goodness.

Love, Jen



1 comment:

One Happy Heart Family said...

Don't feel to bad about the 15lbs, You look AMAZING!! I have gained 30 since Kylie's Fontan last year & I will admit it does add to the depression but really what can we do??? Right?? You look awesome!!