3/27/12

Pesky, stubborn little antibodies!

Sorry I've been out of touch lately...just not feeling it, if you know what I mean.  But, things are fine.  Carla is doing well.  She had a couple of small casts a few days ago, but nothing to write home about.  We went to the hospital last Wednesday and got some blood work done to find out about her antibodies as well as to have a normal cardio appointment.  Her appointment went well and we have devised a plan for moving forward with antibody treatments.  Yesterday we found out that Carla's antibodies had not gone down at all from her last IV infusions...so we will do another round of IV injections, using a different drug.  She will have treatments on April 6th, 9th, 12th and 16th.  These treatments should be short injections, instead of 12 hour infusions...so that is something to be thankful for.  

I am home right now for a couple of days and will be traveling back to Seattle on Sunday.  Sure do miss Carla, but am happy that she has her Grandma Wright to take care of her while I am home.  Here are some cute pics :)

Love, Jen

Carla, playing with her paper doll house

She really loves these things!

In her new Princess Dress from Grandma Wright

Feeling Beautiful.

I just can't believe how beautiful I am....

Flying out of Seattle...look above all those clouds SUNLIGHT!  And yes, that is the top of Mt. Rainier.  

Cody, ready for Prom.. such a handsome young man :)

Picking up Sydney at the Bogden Residence. 

At the Grand March.  

2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I just wanted to check in and let you know we are thinking about and praying for Carla all the time. Those darn antibodies are so frustrating!!! We have been talking about transplant with Stanford and the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. Ugh. The waiting, the unknown.

Hang in there.. it will happen soon!

Proton Therapy said...

Really cute pics......
I like this post very much.