3/10/12

Exciting Birthday News!

After talking about not knowing what to do for a birthday cake for Carla someone left a comment about a group called Icing Smiles.  I had never heard of them before but you can read about them on their web page at http://www.icingsmiles.org.  Basically, they are a non-profit organization that brings happiness to kids like Carla, via cakes!  Pretty cool if you ask me.  Anyway, I reached out to them about making Carla a birthday cake, and they have gotten back in touch with me!  A gal named Stephanie will be making Carla's birthday cake!  Her web address is http://www.cakefixation.com/ you should go to her web page and check out what a beautiful job she does!  Making these cakes is extremely time consuming and complicated.  It is such an amazing thing to donate and we are so thankful.  Because of the IV meds to suppress Carla's immune system, Carla won't be able to have a big party like we would love to give her.  But, she will have a beautiful cake.  I'm sure it will make her feel like the Princess that she is :)  So, a big thank you to Icing Smiles and Stephanie at Cake Fixation.  We appreciate you so much!

Love, Jen

3 comments:

jessica kraft said...

Yay! I am so excited that there is someone to make her a fantastic cake! I have been looking at a lot of cakes lately and keep thinking of Carla. So happy for her! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see the pictures of your beautiful family! I wish we were able to come visit you, it's been so long! Carla is absolutely beautiful. My dad had such a nice visit with you he was so happy when he came home. I want you to know we are thinking of you and you're in our prayers.

April Heitzman

Anne B said...

I'm glad you were able to connect with Icing Smiles and get a cake! I hope Carla has a wonderful birthday.