Antibody Results

Last Tuesday before Carla's IV injection they took her blood to do an antibody test.  On Friday I found out that her numbers had not changed enough to change her listing at all.  The doctors want to wait 3 to 4 weeks and then test her levels again.  At that time, if her antibodies have not dropped by at least 10%  we will do another round of IV meds, using a different drug.  This, of course, was not the news we were looking for and the doctors are disappointed as well.  But that doesn't change anything.  The good news is that Carla has always been slow to react to medications.  SO, it is very likely that when we have her re-tested we will get the good news we are looking for.  More than anything, this is something that we have no control of, so I can't stress out about it.  The Lord has a plan and Carla will receive her new perfect heart in Gods time, not ours.  Please keep our darling daughter in your thoughts and prayers :)

Love, Jen

No comments: