2/22/12

So far, so good.

So far Carla has been fine since her treatment yesterday.  No weird reactions and I am extremely thankful!  Keep your fingers crossed!  Bobby flew home this morning and we are missing him already :(  My mother in law and I are making a plan for her to come up again at the end of March, so that I can go home to take pictures of Cody's final Prom, and help him get ready... but I will be super surprised if Carla hasn't gotten her heart by then.  So, I'm not too sure if I will be able to make it home again or not. We will see.  It's hard at this point to make plans about anything.  I guess we will just see what happens....until then...we will just wait...
Love, Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to send Carla a care package from our nonprofit group, God's Special Little Hearts. If you could send me the address where you are staying I will put it in the mail this weekend.

Praying Carla gets her "perfect" heart soon. Isaiah was put on the list on July 15th of last year but then was put as inactive in Sept. when his echo showed some slight changes of improvement. Now we are in a holding pattern and when his echos start to show that his right ventricle is changing shape again and not functioning correctly, we will be put back up on the list.

It's so frustrating but we know it's better if he can keep his heart as long as he can. He even said he's ready for a new heart so he can run and play like other kids do and not get tired.

Take care and let me know if you need anything.

Katie Columbia
carepage: IsaiahColumbia (HLHS,DORV,Post Glenn twice after failed Fontan-July'08,heart transplant list as of 7/15/11)
www.GodsSpecialHearts.org

Anonymous said...

I'll Pray for her I feel so bad that she had to go through that I will keep her in god's hands and pray for the better not worse