2/16/12

A Hard Night...

Carla had a hard night last night.  Yesterday she complained of a headache, but I wasn't sure if she was bluffing or if she really had a headache.  We gave her some Tylenol and then took her to her cardio appointment at 1:30.  She seemed fine and after her appointment we took her Grandma to the train station and then came home.  Later in the night Carla complained again that she had a headache.  I gave her Tylenol again around 7:30ish and we went to bed after her nighttime meds.  Just a little while after midnight Carla woke up crying that her neck and head hurt really bad.  It was alright to give her Tylenol again, so I did...and she promptly puked it up.  We got that all cleaned up and I put a cold washcloth on her head.  She woke up again about an hour later and threw up again.  She also had a fever....I kept checking it and hoping it would come down.  The highest it got was 102, but I knew that if we could break the fever that she could feel better and sleep.  She was also breathing a little weird and her heart rate a bit fast.  I gave her ibuprofen around 4a.m. and then half an hour later was able to give her Tylenol again...finally, her fever broke.  At about 7 a.m., she coughed out a fairly large cast.  This morning she has been in a good mood but then a few minutes ago started complaining again that her head hurts...I had made her bacon and eggs for breakfast and she didn't eat a single bite. Bacon is Carla's favorite, so I know she is not feeling well at all when she won't eat bacon :(  We are snuggling on the couch and hoping Carla starts to feel better.  I'm waiting to hear back from the docs at Children's to see what they want us to do.  It just makes me super nervous because if she is going to react this way to a med that is supposed to boost her immune system...how is she going to react when they give her the drug that is supposed to attack her own antibodies!  I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.  Bobby is coming up here on Sunday so that he can be here for Carla's next infusion.  I am so glad he is coming and Carla is overjoyed.  She hasn't seen her Daddy since Christmas, so this is a much needed visit.  She misses her family so much.  Being away from our family is not the best.  I hope these treatments work and we can get her a new heart soon....

Love, Jen

No comments: