1/24/12

Another cast...good grief....

So, Carla coughed up yet another cast this morning.  I knew it was going to happen at 6:00 a.m., when I heard her first cough.  She coughed a couple more times in the next couple of hours and by 7:45 she had coughed up her 2nd cast in 2 weeks.  Poo.  I don't really understand what is going on with this plastic bronchitis, and why it is coming back.  Everything was under control but since relocating to Washington she has had 5 cast days now.  So, does it have to do with an altitude change? An allergy? Better O2 levels? Moisture in the air?  What?  And what's most frustrating is that the doctors do not and will not have the answers to these questions, because it is just as much a mystery to them as it is to me.  So, we will continue to sit here, in our own personal prison...and wait...and pray.  Keeping up with Carla's meds, doing what the doctors think we should do, and praying  are the only things that we can do.

I would be a big fat liar if I didn't admit I am disappointed.  I was hoping that being in Seattle, and being able to list her as a 1a, instead of a 1b or 2, that we would have an organ by now.  I honestly thought we would get a new heart in December and be home for Carla's birthday in April.  Hey, I'm an optimist.  But, here we are at the tail end of January and we sit, and we wait.  And I hear stories from other families about how they waited over a year for an organ.  As my Grandma Morgan would say:  Yee Gads.  

In other news, our good friends, Jeff and Jessica had their baby yesterday.  There were some complications with the pregnancy and the doctors took him via c-section.  He is adorable and doing well, weighing in at a tiny 2 pounds 13 ounces!  We are so happy that baby Ryder is doing well, and that his Mommy is too.


Proud Mama Jess and Ryder :)
In other, other news.... I rearranged the living room again....  now Carla can run around and dance.  I think I am finally satisfied with how the room looks...feels more like home (except modern...my decor is more Victorian).  



Carla with her Sleeping Beauty dolly, dressed as Sleeping Beauty :)

Singing and dancing...a favorite past time.  She is so her Daddy's girl.

Hammy and Beautiful...  


No comments: