11/11/11

Ready for Seattle!

I talked a little bit about this before, but now we have a date and a time.  We leave Sunday morning for Seattle.  We have appointments at 9:30; 10:30; 12:30 and 1:30 on Monday at Seattle Children's Hospital.  On Tuesday we have appointments at 9:30; 11:15; 12:30 and 2:00 and then on Wednesday we have appointments at 8:00; 12:00 and 1:00.  After the 1:00 appointment we will be driving home, so that Bobby can get back to work on Thursday.  I am looking forward to seeing what Seattle Children's thinks of Carla and how they think it would be best to move forward.  We are also looking forward to finding out what Carla's oxygen level is at sea level as well as seeing friends and family in the Seattle area while we are there.  I will let you all know how things go and will also take lots of pictures and try to squeeze in a little bit of fun around all of the appointments.  

I have most of our packing done and have also created a binder with all of the pertinent information we should need.  I have the GPS programmed and we are ready to rock.  I am thinking about going to the grocery to buy some snacks for the drive and so that we don't starve to death while at appointments.  Nothing like a hungry child at the doctor's office.  And, let's face it, when my blood sugar drops from being hungry, I get super cranky and can't think straight...so we wouldn't want that!  

I'll be in touch! 

Love, Jen

4 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

Have a safe trip! Praying for good news for Carla!!

Katie said...

So happy you're trying out our favorite hospital! Wished we lived closer, we'd come visit you while you're here. Hoping you get some great ideas/answers from the transplant team there. From everyone I've talked to, they are really awesome. Good luck and enjoy Seattle!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a safe trip to Seattle! And I pray for a safe trip hone tomorrow!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you come home with great news from the transplant team. All my love & prayers are with all of you? love ya - - Karen

The Smith's said...

It sounds like you are super busy when you're in Seattle, but I live about 45 minutes south. Would you be up for a quick visit to say hello and meet in person?? We love Seattle Children's!!!!