8/9/11

Finally...

Finally!  After living in our house for 7 years, Carla motivated me to plant flowers in the "weed bed" by our front porch.  Honestly, when we were building the house I had fully intended on planting flowers.  You see, in the 29 years I had  lived, I had never planted  a garden or flower bed.  My Mom used to take special care in planting flowers and I can actually remember her out in our front yard removing dandy lions with a spoon.  She was what I call a "yardy".  I thought I wanted to be a yardy, and then life got in the way.  First of all, being 29 years old, working full time and keeping a family and home left little time for yard work.  And then after Carla was born, she left little time for anything other than Carla.  She pretty much remains to be this way.  BUT the other day she got all excited about watering the plants at Grandma & Papa's SO I told her that we could plant some flowers of our own.  To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it.  I am still suffering from the Miracle Grow explosion of dirt that flew directly in my left eye...but I'm pretty sure I will live.  Maybe next we will plant flowers in the weed bed in front of the garage!  I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate it (we are surrounded by yardies).  A couple of summers ago I did actually clean out and throw some sunflower seeds in the weed bed by our side porch.  They have suffered a little bit this year because of our adventures in Salt Lake, and then because it rained every day in June and I didn't get out to weed until just the other week.  Needless to say, the sunflower bed leaves a little something to be desired.  BUT at least I am trying.  Maybe in the next few years I can become a yardy too!  I think it is something that kind of evolves with age anyway.  

Other than that, not a lot to report.  Carla did take a short nap today, woke up too early and then acted like a CRAZY PERSON for an hour and a half.  Then, like a switch had been flipped, she was suddenly pleasant again and apologized for being naughty.  So weird.

Happy Tuesday!

Love, Jen  

 The former weed bed.
Ta Da!!!!  I know, it doesn't look like much, but we are new at this! ;)

No comments: