7/14/11

Middle of July....

I can't believe it is the middle of July!  Where did this year go!?

This weekend was Cody's birthday.  It was also my step-brother, Bill's wedding and Bobby had a gig.... all on the same day.  SO, Saturday morning I got up early, made Cody breakfast and had the in-laws over for a breakfast birthday celebration.  Cody then bailed and was off to spend the day with the lovely Sydney.  And Carla and I were off to Helena to pick up my brother Andy and Grandma Morgan for the wedding in Bozeman.  There was a bunch of road construction on the way to Bozeman and about 1/2 way there (in the middle of construction) my car tells me that I have low tire pressure.  We made it to the Three Forks junction and I was able to find air at the Town Pump there.  Unfortunately after I put the air in I heard this hissing sound....because my tire was leaking air.  We still had about 20 or so miles to go, so I limped along going about 60, just in case my tire decided to give out on me.  Because of the road construction and the snaily driving, we were 5 minutes late for the wedding.  Which irked me, but what are you gonna do.  I guess I should have given myself 4 hours and 15 minutes, to make that 2.5 hour drive....  Good grief.  After the wedding I took my car to Big O and they told me that I needed to go to Firestone, because they were too busy and closing in 15 minutes.  I went to Firestone and found out that my 2 front tires needed to be replaced.  Andy and I then walked the 4 or 5 blocks to the hotel where the reception was being held and I got a call from Firestone telling me that there was severe cupping on the inside of my back tires and that they should be replaced as well.  Drat!

I ended up leaving the reception about 1.5 hours after when I was planning on leaving, but it was nice to spend time with my family.  Bill and Tristan looked amazing and my other brother Adam, and his wife, Jennifer, came to the wedding as well...so it was really awesome to see them.  I made it home by 11:00, dropped Tootie off with her Grandparents Wright, came home and changed and then rushed off to the 406 Club just in time to miss Bobby's performance.  But, we did see a really good Metallica tribute band, so that was cool.   All in all it was an extremely busy but good day.  I could have done without the tire issues...but it is what it is.

Sunday we had  a birthday dinner for Cody.  He wanted Little Caesar's Pizza, so that's what we had.  I got him a Dairy Queen ice cream cake (his favorite) and we had an enjoyable time.  Sunday was also my Dad's 60th Birthday....which reminds me, maybe I had better put a cool video together for him.  Hmmm... Although, I can honestly say that I have never seen a baby picture of my Dad.  I wonder if my Grandma has some?

Monday we had an appointment with Carla's Cardiologist.  He said that she sounds good, echo looks good and she seems fine.  Carla is 3 feet 2 inches tall, she is 34.6 pounds and her oxygen level was at 86% on 1 liter of oxygen.  We talked at length about her situation and the decisions that we will be faced with in the near future.  I'm sure the Lord will lead us in the right direction.

I have some pictures to post...but have to admit I'm not too awfully thrilled with the blogspot new picture loading feature.  It takes WAY LONGER than before and makes me super impatient!  So, I think I will post this post and then start working on the pictures!

Love, Jen

No comments: