5/10/11

Soooo.....

All I wanted to do on Mother's Day was to get a good run on my elliptical and take a jetted tub. I got my run in and then when I went to take a bath realized that my tub hasn't been used in so long it had mold in the jets. So, I dumped a bunch of bleach in the tub and ran it for a while. Then I drained it, when I came back to it a few minutes later I thought I had better re-fill it and run the jets a little more, so that when I took a bath later it wouldn't shoot bleach water all over me.... So, I plugged the tub and started the water. Jeff and Jess had called me while I was working out and wanted to come over and make me a Mother's Day dinner. We also had Bobby's Dad and Tom come over. And so I was visiting with these guys and then the Bogen's came over for a visit and this is when I remember!!!! OH CRAP!!!! I left the water running!!!! I ran at top speed into my bathroom and low and behold my bedroom was flooded! Then I raced to the basement to find water leaking out of the ceiling! All over EVERTYTHING that is of value! Ceiling tiles were falling from the ceiling, speakers falling from the ceiling, our projector, getting wet!!! I can't believe that I did this! All I wanted was a bath!

So, we spent the rest of Mother's day ripping up the carpet and trying to dry out our life. Yesterday we found a couple of guys who are going to put in new pad and tack down the other carpet. We rented fans and a de-humidifier and everything is nice and dry now. I still can't believe I did this, but I am glad to report that the house should be as I found it on Friday by the time I leave tomorrow morning.

Other than massive destruction of my lovely home, this trip home has been nice. I got to see so many friends on Saturday night, when Bobby played in East Helena. I got my hair cut and colored yesterday and today I am going in for a massage, to maybe rub out these past 2 months of agony. We've been Skyping with Carla every day and she looks great! It will be nice to have her with me again tomorrow. Being away from her has shown me how hard this is for Bobby and Cody. It will be so nice when we can all be under the same roof! I don't know when that will be. But we can sure pray about it.

Anyway, I need to hop in the shower before the guys get here to fix my bedroom, so I better run!

Love, Jen


My bedroom....


Our basement....




The culprit....






No comments: