5/17/11

Getting Ready....

So, I spent the whole day packing, organizing, making calls, and figuring. At first we were going to keep the apartment, but then we decided to get rid of it and put the furniture, etc. in storage. I spoke with the doctors and they are behind us. We have no idea how long it will take for Carla's antibodies to go down and keeping a place here while we are in Montana is like throwing money out the window. So, I found a storage unit, bought a few boxes and went to town on this place. Bobby and Thomas are driving up tomorrow and when they get here we will load up the van with the belongings we will be taking home. Then we will probably eat and do a final cleaning of the apartment. Thursday morning Bobby and Tom will go to the storage unit, pick up the truck they have available and come back to the apartment and start loading up the stuff that we will keep here in storage. Carla and I have to be to Primary by 9:30 Thursday morning for blood draws, an echo, x-ray, and visiting with doctors. I'm assuming the appointment will be a good 3 to 4 hour event. After we are done we will be on our way back home. I can't wait for us all to be in the same home again! So exciting!

We will be coming back here monthly for visits with the transplant team, and when the time comes we will end up living here again. But, until it is necessary again we say goodbye to Salt Lake City and HELLO TO OUR PRECIOUS, TINY, QUIET, LITTLE TOWN FULL OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A CRAP! Woo hoo! I can't wait to walk to the store and buy Carla some Jo Jos! Or to walk to the Post Office, or to the park or to pay my water bill. I can't wait to run on my elliptical while Bobby plays Wii with Carla upstairs. I can't wait to listen to Cody blaring his music in the office, or in his room, while texting with Sydney. I am excited to cook in MY kitchen, do laundry in MY washing machine and to put clothes away in MY dresser...sleep in MY bed, get ready at MY vanity (that I've had since I was 14) and take a shower in MY bathroom....hey, maybe I'll even get to take a jetted tub ;)

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I think you're catching what I'm throwing out there! CAN'T WAIT TO GO HOME! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY HUSBAND, SON, FAMILY, FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS! Maybe my cat will even eventually come home. Bobby swears he saw her last night.... we will see.

love, Jen

Can I get a WOOT WOOT!!!

3 comments:

Katy said...

WOOT WOOT!!! If I could have made that font bigger I would have! can't wait for you to get home! Miss and Love you!!!

Katie said...

Yay! So happy for you. What an adventure you've been on these past couple of months :) Enjoy!

Kyle and Alli said...

Wonderful news!! We are so excited for your family to be together again. We just began our Fontan journey here this week with our son and we just hope and pray that Carla's antibodies can come down while she is enjoying a summer full for family time and fun!