4/21/11

A good day!

Carla has had a VERY GOOD day! She got up this morning kind of grumpy, because she was up from 3 to 6 this morning and then they wake her up at 8 for meds, vest treatment and soon thereafter physical therapy. The physical therapist had a heck of a time getting her motivated and she pretty much told her she was NOT going to stand or walk today. But, about an hour later Carla got a wild hair and decided that she wanted to go for a walk! So, I helped her and her nurse trailed along with the oxygen. I couldn't believe it! She could barely stand 2 days ago and now she was walking around! We were very careful...but it was so exciting for me. Oh how far we have come in 6 weeks! Other than that, Carla painted, did an Easter project that our friend Leesha sent her, read books, ate and pretty much entertained the masses. We were busy girls. She fell asleep around 4:30 or 5 and then I decided to take the couch across the way and rearrange the room. I know, I have a problem. But, it is soooo much more stream lined now! I will post pictures later. :) Anyway, I have more news but it is 7:00 and time to kick me out of the CICU for an hour. Love, Jen


Carla with her Physical Therapist this morning.Little miss crabby Toot.
Carla enlisted the nurse to help her paint her nails...
Actually, she told the nurse she could do it herself and to just hold the bottle...
Cute....
Our little artist. ...
Painting her block of wood.
Being super Cheesy this afternoon, while eating her spaghetti....
Cheese!
Our Toot with her happy little moon eyes :) I LOVE TO SEE HER LIKE THIS!!!!

1 comment:

cici said...

Her smile :) :) is that of a little cherub who knows she is about to receive a miracle!
xoxo