1/25/11

Warning Disgusting Picture

Carla just had quite the episode.  It lasted about 10 to 15 minutes and she is fine and sleeping now...but let me tell you about it.  She started coughing and choking up phlegm, but it was such a large piece of phlegm, and sticky enough that she was literally struggling for breath.  The nurse had her Oxygen up to 4 liters and couldn't keep her saturation levels over 70...Carla was trying to breath and sounded like a donkey.  I was so scared, she started to panic and I started to cry.  And then, she finally hocked up the biggest chunk of string cheese phlegm I have ever seen.  The nurse saved it for the Pulmonologist to look at...who I heard is coming here to see her.  Anyway....here is a picture....now you know why I call it string cheese phlegm.  Please keep Carla in your prayers.  Love, Jen

2 comments:

cici said...

Oh my goodness... She should be feeling much better after that!
She is a sweetheart and I will keep her in my Prayers.

Christy said...

Katy called to let me know that you are on your way to Salt Lake City...please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!