9/14/10

Goings on...

Since last Tuesday things have been going along pretty much per the usual. We have kept Carla on her low fat diet and I'm happy to say 13 weeks down, 3 to go! Woo hoo! She is doing much better with regard to her coloring, energy, etc. EXCEPT that she did catch a cold and has been a little sick since Friday night...she is all better for the most part, but does have a nagging, nasty cough that pops up every now and again. If it doesn't get better pretty soon I am going to take her to the doctor. Which reminds me, Carla has not had her 3 year old well baby visit...well, because she has not been well. And, she also needs to get her flu shot! So, I am hoping maybe next week I can get her in for both of those. Maybe even ask about a pneumonia shot, because I have heard it is easier to get it after you've already had it...which I have no idea if that is true or not but need to find out.

This weekend we were able to get Carla's sunburst window replaced. That's a relief, because we needed to get it done before the winter hit. It looks amazing and I am so grateful to everyone who helped...especially Roger, Bobby's Dad, who figured out how to trim it out and make it look even better than it did to begin with!

I know I have more to report, but for some reason I am drawing a blank.

Love, Jen



Carla, outside of x-ray last Tuesday.
Bobby's folks had this Little Tikes desk and gave it to us to use for Carla's crafts, etc. She LOVES it!

Playing at her new desk.


Hanging out.


.6 grams of fat...here we have egg whites, potatoes and 2 pieces of Canadian bacon.




I need some money too big brother....





Pictures of the project...Carla's sunburst window had a huge crack in it! We don't have any idea what happened, but had to replace it....this is the window before we got it out....they had to cut around it because the siding was right up to the window.
Here it is without the window...

Bobby and Jeff scraping the edges clean.











Getting the window up..











Ok, hold it right there.











Roger, working on the trim.












The finished project from the inside.














And, our house is whole again! Yay!

1 comment:

The Simmons Family said...

Such adorable pictures!! I love that Carla has that fantastic window in her room. Jealous!