9/26/10

Another Week...

I can't believe another week has flown by!  15 weeks of Carla's diet and 1 and a half weeks to go!  We are doing well and I am actually getting so good at making low fat meals for Carla that I am not even sure what I am going to do when we are a "normal" family with a normal diet again.  The problem with Carla's diet is that it has caused me to become a binge eater, as well as someone who eats WAY TOO MANY CARBS!  It is just so easy to stuff something into your facing, thinking 'there's no fat, so I'm all good.'  Problem is that no fat does not mean no calories or no carbs... I have gained 5 pounds in the past 15 weeks....but I have been working out and watching my intake a little bit, and have therefore lost one of those 5 pounds...
 
I haven't been really good about taking pictures lately, although I do have one or two that I will post.  I have a super cute video of Carla singing but have no luck with posting videos on the blogger, so alas will most likely not be able to post it.  I do have it on my facebook, if that's any consolation...
 
I have to give a big proud shout out about Carla finally being fully potty trained!  I know, she's almost three and a half...but when you have a child who has spent so much time in the hospital, you can expect delays with things like this...and that's not even taking into account the fact that she takes lasix and aldacdone in the morning and lasix again in the afternoon.  Her big problem was pooping in the big girl potty...we didn't push, but I always asked her if she wanted to.  So many times she told me "No, I need a diaper!"  but one day she said "Ok..."  she's been pooping in the big girl potty ever since!  Thank God. 
 
As far as news about the rest of the family....we are all pooping in the big boy and girl toilets as well...hee hee hee...   Seriously though, Cody changed his school schedule around a little bit and is back in band this year.  The Homecoming parade is next Saturday, so I am excited to see him do that.  The last couple of years he has been the mascot in the parade, this year he will be playing the drums and marching by.  Carla will be gathering candy.  Last year at this time we were going through the big H1N1 scare.  Bobby's parents own a daycare, and so stayed away from us.  They did come to the parade, but wore masks to prevent any possible germs from getting on Carla.  It will be nice to go and not be terrified of a deadly flu this year :)  We will attend the annual pancake supper after wards and I think I will just go ahead and make Carla some egg whites, Canadian bacon and pancakes at home and then take them to the supper.  That way we know what the fat content is...otherwise we have to worry about all the grease and whatnot they are putting in the pans. 
 
Anyway, this is becoming pretty chatty and Carla wants my attention, so I need to move it along.  Have a lovely week if I don't talk to you sooner :) 
 
Love, Jen

No comments: