8/17/10

The quandry....

Getting ready for a walk yesterday...
Look at that pink tongue.

We are a couple of sillys...

I continue to be baffled by Carla's "mysterious cough" since we put her on allergy meds it seems to be less, but at the same time it comes and goes with no real common denominator. Which, leads me back to my original thought - that this stupid cough is pleural effusion related. I suppose we will just have to wait and see. I do know one thing...before she ever had issues with pleural effusions, she never had this cough. So, as hard as I try to find the "cause" of the cough, I still find no cause and so have to go back to thinking it is her effusion.
Yesterday marked the beginning of week 10 of her super low fat diet. She seems to be a lot more pink and bursting with energy. I continue to hope that the diet is working, the duct has healed and that the longer we wait the safer she will be from having a reoccurence. We see the cardiologist again on September 7th, September 6th marks the start of week 13 on the diet, so I am really hoping everything looks great when we see him. I don't think we will be running out for McDonalds anytime soon, but it would be nice to let Carla eat more than 2.5 grams of fat per day (because that's usually what I keep her on).

Last week she coughed from Sunday until Thursday for no apparent reason...she was outside for about 30 minutes running around, so we contributed the coughing to that Sunday night. This past Sunday I took Carla to Helena so that I could help my best friend move. She went over to my Dad and Sue's house and spent a long time outside. No cough. Yesterday I decided to take her for a walk. No cough. So, I've decided that we are no longer going to be prisoners in our home, afraid of an "allergy" that I just don't think exists. Time will tell and I am hoping with all of my heart that this mysterious cough just goes away...
Love, Jen

No comments: