8/13/10

blogging block

I've been having a little bit of a blogging block lately. Honestly, I have absolutely nothing that I find interesting enough to report! Because of Carla's low fat diet and what we are assuming are extreme allergy issues we are basically prisoners in our own home. We pretty much can't go or do anything....we can't go out to eat, to the park, swimming, take a walk or even play in the yard for half an hour without fear of having 4 or 5 days of Carla coughing her head off. I am so praying she out grows this coughing thing, because it is horrendous. I have to admit I'm a tiny bit depressed about the whole thing. I don't like feeling like a prisoner and neither does Carla. We continue to be hopeful that the low fat diet is working and every night when we say our prayers when we get to the part about Carla's thoracic duct healing she always interjects with "So I can have chicken nuggets, and corn and fries and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and eat whatever I want.....AMEN!" Pretty sad and sweet at the same time. Carla is getting so big! Her potty training adventures have been successful and she is talking up a storm. Whenever you tell her you love her she will say "I love you more." Or, she will just say, "Mama, I love you more." out of the blue. She is so sweet.

Cody is starting 11th grade in 1 week! I can't believe how fast the summer has flown by, and also how weird our weather has been all summer. Today is August 13th and it is cloudy and rainy out. I am still holding out for a nice long summery fall...but we shall see. Cody is amazing me with his new found organizational skills and I am looking forward to seeing how well he does in school this year. Also looking forward to basketball season! Yay! Carla is also looking forward to watching Cody play basketball and I am hoping this will be the year that she can tag along to the games and be my little watching companion.

Love, Jen

No comments: