6/10/10

And We're Outa Here!

So, today is not only the day that we get to go home to our family, but it is also the one year anniversary of Carla's Fontan. I can't believe it has been a year! She has had a little bit of a rough year, with all the mysterious coughing...but I have a feeling that mysterious cough has been cured through getting rid of all the fluid on Carla's right lung. At this second in time Carla is sleeping and my Dad and I are waiting for the doctors to take one last look at her before they allow us to leave. We are so excited to be coming home!!!! Love this hospital for all they have done and continue to do for children, but we are ready to get the hell out of here! Love, Jen

2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

A year?? Seriously?? It seems like yesterday!! I'm glad you're outta there!!

The Smith's said...

Nine days is a long time in the hospital. We just put in one day yesterday and were so relieved to be home. I can only imagine how anxious you guys are to get outta there! I'm so glad you're so close!!!