3/23/10

Spring has sprung!

Life has been very fun lately! Cody and Carla are getting along famously, Bobby has had a couple of fun 80s shows and the sun has finally starting showing off it's stuff on a daily basis! In general life is good! I've been feeling pretty nostalgic lately. I can't believe that Carla will be 3 years old in less than 2 weeks! The past year has gone by so fast I think my head is spinning! Last year at this time I was so focused and obsessed with hearing back from SLC so that we would know when the surgery date would be. There is nothing like being on a hospital's string...you don't know what is going to happen...when it is going to happen or how long or hard the recovery is going to be...how does one mentally prepare for that? Well, obsessing over whatever details I could control is what I did. And then after it was all said and done I was so emotionally exhausted it has taken me nearly a year to recover. I am so glad it is now this year and that I don't have to be looking forward to any set surgery. Not having that looming over our lives has made living so much nicer!

On Sunday while Carla was hanging out with her grandparents Bobby, was BBQing, I was doing the other cooking and Cody was visiting with us...it was so weird to not have Carla with us...all of a sudden I started thinking about a few years ago, what our lives were like. Sunday used to be our "kitty" day. We would pretty much lay around in our jammies, watch tv and eat junk food. I know, sounds awesome right! Since Carla we don't really have time for kitty days...but I'm sure as she gets older she will start to appreciate a good kitty day ;) I stepped outside to see how the BBQ was coming and the way the air felt and the night looked reminded me so much of all the nights Cody would be out in the lot throwing the baseball. He played baseball from the time he was in 1st grade until the summer after 6th grade. I so loved watching Cody play baseball.

Anyway, enough with the nostalgia... this weekend are going to have Carla's 1st 3rd birthday party....her birthday will be Friday, the 2nd of April and then another party on the 3rd and Easter on the 4th. So, we have a lot of family and fun coming up. Bobby and I are going to go birthday shopping this morning and I am looking forward to that. Cody lettered in basketball last Thursday night and we are so proud of him. We have been talking a lot about his future and looking forward to the man he will become. Have a beautiful day!

Love, Jen

Cody's 10th grade spring photos.

Bobby, during his bass solo on St. Patrick's Day. Very cool!

Me, all dressed up for Bobby's gig on St. Patrick's Day.

Princess Carlollypop, dancing around.

Last night Cody and Carla being SUPER cute together. They had me laughing so hard....We are so blessed!

2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

Thanks for the update!! I sure hope you get a "kitty" day soon!!

Hua said...

Great update! I enjoyed the pictures. I hope all is well.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
wellsphere.com