2/17/10

Long day...

It has been another long day in the ICU. Carla seemed to have a difficult night but by this afternoon she perked up quite a bit. She had her oxygen turned off, ate lunch, went for a walk around the ICU, coughed and puked up a bunch of phlegm, took a nap, got oxygen during her nap, woke up, ate, got rid of her O2 again, ate some more, got her hair washed, ate some more, took another walk, ate some more and will soon be going to bed again (if she's not to hungry). She had an x-ray this morning, but we have not talked to Dr. R. since 7a.m., so I don't know anything more about the plan. The nurses have told me that this afternoon her lungs sounded a lot better than this morning. So, that is good news.

Cody is playing in the district basketball tournament at Shelby tomorrow and Friday. I am very disappointed that I cannot go. Good luck to our boy and the Cascade Badgers! I hope you do very well and I love you with all of my heart!

Here are a couple of pictures from today. After uploading these pictures I dropped my camera on the ground ... It no longer seems to be working, here's to hoping new batteries will do the trick...otherwise it will be going on another trip to the cannon repair shop.

I will let everyone know as soon as I hear any further plans. Until then, we are basically just hanging out.

lunch this afternoon...

Eating fries (her favorite)...
Getting her hair washed :) She actually tolerated this a lot better than I thought she would :)


2 comments:

The Simmons Family said...

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Carla looks a lot like Cody in the last picture you posted. Lus You! Katy