1/18/10

A break in the winter...

It was a nice week, we had a break in the subzero temps, and so I was actually able to take Carla to the park on Wednesday. And, on Thursday we took Carla up to Helena and had lunch with her Grandparents Morgan. Friday night Cody played ball up in Cut Bank, so Carla and I drove up there and caught half of the game. The games were running really late, so we only stayed until 9:45 (way past Carla's bed time) and then drove the 2 hours home. Saturday Bobby spent all day setting up for his Metal Steel concert. Sue came and got Carla after her nap and I ran into town and bought some clothes at the Salvation Army (for the 80s concert) and then ran home, washed them, fixed my hair and make-up 80s style and then went to Cody's game. Bobby, his folks and little brother Thomas all met me at the game and then later came out to Bobby's gig. At 9:00 Bobby and I had to leave so that he could get his make-up, hair and 80s clothes on and I put my outfit on too. (pictures later to come my camera batteries died so I have to get pictures from someone else). We headed off to the gig and had the most amazing time Saturday night. To me it felt like a vacation from my life. It was amazing and we all had such a great time! I will link the blog to the Metal Steel web page after they get video up. I think the band really blew people away. All dressed in wigs, make-up, and hair....they had lights and fog and screaming guitars. Like I said, AMAZING!

Here are some pictures from the park on Wednesday and lunch on Thursday. :) Love, Jen

Walking to the swings...

Oh man, I forgot how much I loved this!


Now I'm even big enough to try out the jungle gym...



And the slide....




How exciting!





This is fun!






After the park we made chicken noodle soup together...









And decided to be dorks...







Cuz it is fun...








And we love each other ;)










Drawing with Grandpa...











Grandma busted out the biggest sucker ever! After lunch we went to her work where Carla met tons of people and acted like a total rock star! She was high fiving, hugging, introducing herself and just plain rocking the scene. Our daughter does not have a shy bone in her little body :) It was so much fun!












No comments: