10/21/09

H1N1 Vaccination, finally...

I received a call from my Dad yesterday, tipping me off that the City County Health Department in Helena was having a flu clinic and that people with compromised health could get the H1N1 shot. I called the health department and confirmed and so yesterday afternoon took a trip to Helena for the long awaited shot. We could have waited until Thursday and done it in Great Falls, but 2 days sooner means our family will be back under the same roof that much sooner, so it was worth the drive! I was a little freaked out at the clinic, because they were giving the flu mist to tons of kids, and was worried the virus was airborne in there, but had to go forward to get the shot anyway. They didn't give me any grief about giving Carla the shot and it was just so nice to have it taken care of. So now it looks like Cody can move home Halloween weekend and we won't have to worry about Carla catching the swine flu! I think we should have a party...just because we can. We, of course, still have to be careful about washing our hands, etc. But, it will be nice to be able to go out into the world again. The lady that gave her the shot said that she may feel crappy and get a little fever from the shot. So, I gave Carla Tylenol last night before bed and then again this morning with her morning meds. She seems perfectly fine. Hopefully it will stay that way :) Love, Jen p.s. Here are some cute pictures from Saturday afternoon. p.p.s. I recommend that ALL children get the H1N1 vaccination...it has been really hitting the little ones hard...temps in the 100s for days on end....poor babies...

Classic Carla - her eyebrows are raised at me...
Swinging is so fun!

Grandma Sue brought over stickers and a candy necklace. Carla had many hours of enjoyment with the stickers....the candy necklace did not last so long.... It was delicious though :)


Little Miss.



3 comments:

The Smith's said...

We are hopeful to get Luke the H1N1 vaccination shot at a clinic on Saturday. Luke is about the same age as Carla ... do they not need a booster shot 30 days later? Did they say she just needed the one dose? Thanks for your help!

Jesse
http://smithfamilyjourney.blogspot.com

The Smith's said...

Thank you for responding! I am so glad to know that Luke will have at least some immunity short-term! I am so fearful of this flu =(

And speaking of cutie-pies ... I think the same thing about Carla! I think I found your blog through Owen's ... and followed your journey through the Fontan. We are on target for the Fontan next August. We will be very glad to have that behind us!

Thanks again for your help!

Jesse

The Taylors said...

Glad she was able to get it. I got the kiddos done on Friday, and now Kylie has something going on, gunky cough, loosy poopies and so on. I took her in today and they said she looks good but if she drops below 80 we need o2 :( Poor thing, I dunno if it is a reaction to the shot, or just a fluke virus? SHe is just getting cuter and cuter every time you post a picture!